Breaking changes: Certbot 2.1.0 release?

I do believe with Certbot 2.0.0, you get third-party plugin breakages especially on third-party Certbot DNS plugins.
This PR has been merged. The wiki has been updated: Certbot v2.x Plugin Compatibility · certbot/certbot Wiki · GitHub.
But as the last version available is Certbot 2.0.0 and as you drop the compatibility between Certbot 2.0.0 and third-party Certbot DNS plugins as seen on the wiki, can you please release Certbot 2.1.0?

3 Likes

There still appear to be a few open issues in the 2.1.0 milestone that I would assume need to get resolved or pushed before a release would go out.

6 Likes

I'm not sure those issues are actually required for Certbot version 2.1.0. Half of them haven't seen updates in months.

6 Likes

Yes I think these four remaining issues should be deferred to Certbot 2.2.0 ; and Certbot 2.1.0 can now be released.

4 Likes

And I'm certain the Certbot team is aware of the urgency :slight_smile:

5 Likes

@certbot-devs

For visibility.

5 Likes

We haven't said this publicly yet, but we decided last week to release 2.1.0 tomorrow. I'll be doing it early tomorrow morning so you'll have it soon!

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.