Before I run this script, please check it and tell me if you would do anything otherwise

I want to use a gratis acme.sh SSL certificate for one of the websites I host on a shared hosting plan at Namcheap.
I have read about the subject and understood that I could do it in the following way.

Simple acme.sh usage

• One Cpanel addon web domain (a web domain as organized in a Cpanel account).
  • No web subdomain
  • The addon web domain could act as a parked domain which is basically a landing page of the hosting provider itself suggesting the parked domain for sale.

Script

cd ${WEB_APPLICATION_ROOT_DIR}}
curl https://get.acme.sh | sh
acme.sh --issue --webroot . -d EXAMPLE.COM --staging # Is that a test for proper work of acme.sh?
acme.sh - debug # Check for acme.sh possible problems.
source ${HOME}/.bashrc # We source the file because the above installation adds data to it.
acme.sh --register-account --accountemail MY_EMAIL_ADDRESS_NAME@GMAIL.COM # Can gmail.com really be used here without a problem?
crontab -l | grep acme.sh#
acme.sh --issue --webroot . -d EXAMPLE.COM -d www.EXAMPLE.COM --force
acme.sh --deploy --deployhook . --domain EXAMPLE.COM --domain www.mydomain.com

Before I run it, do you find it a reasonable script? Would you change anything?

Moved to Help from Client Dev, just like the previous Topic.

2 Likes

Does that actually work? Please make sure there aren't any private keys in that directory.

Don't. Unless you have a specific reason to.

4 Likes

Does that actually work? Please make sure there aren't any private keys in that directory.

There aren't.

Don't. Unless you have a specific reason to.

Thanks.

1 Like

What I mean is, if it doesn't, you can always --webroot "$(pwd)"

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.