Auto renewal of certificates

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: newcastle-seo.co.uk

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): Hosted on Fasthost dedicated server

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Fasthost - dedicated server

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Using Plesk
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Hi @webpaje

what's your question? There is a valid Letsencrypt certificate.

If you use Plesk, you should only use Plesk, not an additional client.

If your Plesk doesn't work, it's a problem your hoster has to fix.

Hi
sorry wasnt clear enough. I can create a certificate using Plesk - have done for many domains . If i look at the details in Plesk it shows that the certificates are set up as auto renewal. However when it comes to renewal i have to do that myself in Plesk. I queried this with Fasthost and they said i would have to contact Lets Encrypt. I use it for many domains and it is the same situation for all of them . Hope thats more specific

If you have to initiate the renew manual, your Plesk is buggy. Your hoster has to fix that, that's not a Letsencrypt problem.

Client doesn't start -> client problem.

PS: The certificate expires 2020-08-10, so it's expected that it's not renewed now.

Normally, certificates are renewed if they are less then 30 days valid.

Many thanks for the help, will try fasthost again

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.