Alias for subdomain to .com but two certs?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:
via cpanel, click to “autossl”
It produced this output:
it either green locked the main domain and some others like panel.domain, or if I remove that cert and ask it to autossl the “origin.camsyrup” - it seems to work to make a cert for that alias, but then it does not green lock the main domain…
My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
specs: CENTOS 6.10 | virtuozzo | v74.0.8
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
whm / vps hosting / running through cloudflare though, and added an addon of nginx
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
yes can root login
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
cpanel 74.0.8 (also whm… virtuozzo | v74.0.8 )

=-=-=-=-
Am thinking that maybe I need to do a wildcard cert in order to secure origin.domain
(which is a domain alias, not setup as subdomain in this situation, as it needs to pull from the main domain (public_html) folder for a CDN to pull from)

I posted some other details here: https://forums.cpanel.net/threads/autossl-with-domain-alias-and-wildcard.638341/ a couple days ago, but I get the feeling that the autossl plugin currently available with cpanel is not ready to handle wildcard stuff,
and now that I re-read the docs that I linked to in that post, I see that the plugin which had those docs is a premium plugin costing extra money, so perhaps the info there is not pertinent / this is not possible with the current setup (?)

so maybe I need to do this via command line? Or perhaps others have a similar situation i which there is a better solution?

Hi Stefan,

I’m the author of that premium plugin, and yes, it is separate from the cPanel AutoSSL system (which was introduced around 6 months later). As of today, cPanel/WHM’s AutoSSL can’t issue wildcard certificates.

But this situation doesn’t appear to warrant the use of wildcards, I think it’s more about how your cPanel virtual hosts are organized.

If AutoSSL is not covering all of your domains at once (whether they be primary, alias or addon), you should get in touch with cPanel support, they should be able to help you do what you’re looking for.

Edit: (Or if this is not your cPanel server, you should get your web host to contact them on your behalf).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.