After installing the certificate some parts of web site don't work

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: www.burger.si

I ran this command: installed the CertBot by site instructions (last command: sudo certbot --apache)

It produced this output: installed o.k.

My web server is (include version): Ubuntu 16.04

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: ARNES

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Putty

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): latest by today

My web site is designed as web application with the visualisations of geo locations for different platfroms e.g. desktops, VR headsets, supporting WebVR…etc.
The installation of the certificate was ok but now some “subchapters” doesn’t work with Edge, Mozilla and some does, but all does with the Crome.

Examples:
This one DOes : https://www.burger.si/KSA/360/KSA.html
and this one NOT : https://www.burger.si/Jame/ColniciObrh/index.html

Both are with similar coding but diffrence that the first one is with the WebVR support and the second one not (yet). Before the certificate install worked both on all platforms.

1 Like

Hi @BostjanB

that’s expected. There are some active ressources loaded via http -> that’s blocked if you use https.

Checking with my browser

http://www.burger.si/Tools/pano2vr_player.js

is blocked.

Checking via https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=burger.si/jame/colniciobrh/index.html#html-content doesn’t work, because your ipv6 is buggy.

You have ipv4 and ipv6 addresses:

Host T IP-Address is auth. ∑ Queries ∑ Timeout
burger.si A yes 1 0
AAAA yes
www.burger.si C 363.ablak.arnes.si yes 1 0
A 194.249.1.23 Ljubljana/Slovenia (SI) - ARNES provider Hostname: 363.ablak.arnes.si yes
AAAA 2001:1470:8000:400::363 Ljubljana/Slovenia (SI) - ARNES provider yes

But your ipv6 doesn’t work.

Domainname Http-Status redirect Sec. G
http://www.burger.si/jame/colniciobrh/index.html 194.249.1.23 301 https://www.burger.si/jame/colniciobrh/index.html Html is minified: 100,00 % 0.123 A
http://www.burger.si/jame/colniciobrh/index.html 2001:1470:8000:400::363 -14 10.047 T
Timeout - The operation has timed out
http://www.burger.si/uvod/nagovor.html -14 10.013 T
Timeout - The operation has timed out
https://www.burger.si/jame/colniciobrh/index.html 194.249.1.23 302 http://www.burger.si/uvod/nagovor.html Html is minified: 100,00 % 3.687 F
https://www.burger.si/jame/colniciobrh/index.html 2001:1470:8000:400::363 -14 10.043 T
Timeout - The operation has timed out

So first step: Update your ipv6 configuration, so ipv6 works.

Next step: Use the online tool again to find all of your mixed content.

1 Like

I’m seeing an error in the console of my browser:

Mixed Content: The page at ‘https://www.burger.si/Jame/ColniciObrh/index.html’ was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure script ‘http://www.burger.si/Tools/pano2vr_player.js’. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Mixed Content: The page at ‘https://www.burger.si/Jame/ColniciObrh/index.html’ was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure favicon ‘http://www.burger.si/uvod/nagovor.html’. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

Check your site for such includes. It’s probably best to remove all notions to HTTP and HTTPS and change them to just “//”. I.e., change https://www.example.com/foo/bar to //www.example.com/foo/bar. That way the browser will fill in the correct protocol, depending on the address bar of the client.

2 Likes

Tx for both quick and helpful reply. I thought that internal calls of the http won’t be a problem. I replaced it with https and it works fine. As the site is huge the upload/update will take a day or two.

2 Likes