Adding new website to existing configuration

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My existing certs are:
SAN cert: coral.ise.lehigh.edu coral.ie.lehigh.edu
Regular cert: sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu

Want to add: autonomy.lehigh.edu

Want to update sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu to SAN cert
sedumi.ise.lehigh.edu sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu

I want to run this command:
certbot-auto --cert-name -d coral.ise.lehigh.edu -d coral.ie.lehigh.edu -d sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu -d sedumi.ise.lehigh.edu -d autonomy.lehigh.edu

It produced this output:
Since I did not run it, I have no output, but I am not sure it will create the two SAN certs (this is production) and the single domain cert.

My web server is (include version): Server version: Apache/2.4.10 (Debian)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Debian 8

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
certbot-auto --version
certbot 1.0.0

1 Like

That command looks fine to run per documentation. You could also give it a test by using our staging environment.

certbot-auto --staging --cert-name -d coral.ise.lehigh.edu -d coral.ie.lehigh.edu -d sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu -d sedumi.ise.lehigh.edu -d autonomy.lehigh.edu
1 Like

How does that command know to create a SAN cert for the two coral URL’s and a SAN cert for the two sedumi URL’s while creating a separate cert for autonomy? I have a feeling it will either create 5 certs or 1 cert.

1 Like

Ah, my apologies. It would indeed create a single cert with all of those subdomains. You could run certbot twice instead to get two distinct certificates.

certbot-auto --staging -d coral.ise.lehigh.edu -d coral.ie.lehigh.edu -d sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu -d sedumi.ise.lehigh.edu

certbot-auto --staging -d autonomy.lehigh.edu
1 Like

Hi Phil,

Thank you! I would need to run it 3 times -

1. coral certbot-auto --staging -d coral.ise.lehigh.edu -d coral.ie.lehigh.edu (already have current cert for these domains)

2. sedumi certbot-auto --staging -d sedumi.ie.lehigh.edu -d sedumi.ise.lehigh.edu (already have current cert for ie domain)

3. autonomy certbot-auto --staging -d autonomy.lehigh.edu

Each time with the staging option and then just add the cert to the SSL configuration file for each domain. Currently all the certs are in the /etc/letsencrypt/live directory along with the SSL configuration files. So since I already have a valid cert for the coral and sedumi, I can just run the autonomy once with staging to get my new cert.

Appreciate your guidance.

Mark

2 Likes

Glad it’s sorted :slight_smile:
Happy holidays friend.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.