Adding more sites

Hi hopefully this hasn’t been asked before (I did a search).

I successfully issued and installed a cert on my windows Xampp install for one site. I now want to secure another site I have on the same machine.

Do I issue a cert per site, or reissue my existing cert, adding my original site, plus the new one I want included in the cert?

Or can I just use the cert that’s there?

You reissue adding the new site:
./letsencrypt-auto certonly --webroot -w /var/www/example -d www.example.com -d example.com -w /var/www/support -d support.example.com

LE will ask if you want to expand the certificate or cancel. When you expand, it’ll reissue with all requested domains (as long as it can reach them all).

great thanks:) Do I need separate entries for subdomains?

Yep, all domains and subdomains the cert will cover have to be included. LE doesn’t allow wildcard certs, which are the only way to cover all subs of a domain without individually naming them.

btw, I just found out about the --expand --agree-tos -q options, which will make my quick server setup even faster. Add them to the command above and it just runs without any prompts.

Thanks again. All up and running:)

I have comfortably entered such options in the /etc/letsencrypt/cli.ini configuration file. Saves me a lot of typing (and thinking :smile:) for options I consider permanent in my setup.

See http://letsencrypt.readthedocs.org/en/latest/using.html#configuration-file for details.