ACME v2 Beta Access?

Hello,

First of all, I’d like to express my gratitude for making this service available. Wildcard certificates will definitely be an additional step to making secure communications available to everyone on the internet.
I am wondering if it is possible to join a Beta testing team for the ACME v2 Endpoint.

Thank you very much in advance,
Leonid

1 Like

Hi @lbelkind,

Thanks for the words of gratitude! It's always nice to hear that the service is helping folks :slight_smile:

There's no plans to do a limited invite-only beta test for the ACME v2 endpoint. We will announce a date in the future where a staging/test instance of the v2 API will be available and anyone that is interested will be able to test.

In the meantime if you're an ACME client developer and want to start working towards adding ACME v2 support to your client of choice I recommend you check out Pebble. It's a smaller test server designed to help clients adjust to the V2 API before Boulder and the primary Let's Encrypt service have public support.

Thanks! Hope this helps,

Thank you for getting back to me.
Yes, we are familiar with Pebble, having run it in our environment.
I am not developing an ACME client of my own. Instead, I am currently using dehydrated. I wonder if it supports ACME v2.

I don't believe it does. At present I'm only aware of one client (acme4j) that has started to implement the V2 API in earnest in a branch outside of master.

1 Like

Thanks for this information @cpu :slight_smile:

I wonder if the new ACME v2 supports the lifetime of the certificate and if Let’s Encrypt is implementing this. So I/we can use 30 Days and shorter lived certificates.

Hi @Knight,

At this point we aren't going to be changing the validity period to respect requests for smaller certificates with the V2 API. We've talked in the past about supporting shorter than 90d validity certificates and I suspect one day we will but our hands are full with implementing v2 and wildcard issuance for the time being :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.