Account email update and TLD rate limits?

My domain is:

I ran this command:
certbot update_account -m email+3@example.com

Why I'm adding an index to the e-mail -I'm not getting expired emails ( there was third-party issue ( AWS), and someone may have accidentally unsubscribed

It produced this output:
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
.... omitted for brevity.....
IMPORTANT NOTES:

I use Aws Route 53 certbot hook and using a cron script to check the certificate and renew it if required via certbot

The version of my client is certbot --version
certbot 0.31.0

Though it reports that e-mail change is successfull, the certbot does not update:
/etc/letsencrypt/cli.ini email = email@example.com

I can update cli.ini myself? Is this because of my client version? Is it supposed to do it, or does it's just doing it on the letsencrypt side via APIs?

I have a bunch of other hosts and domains that use the same certbot agent account.

By changing the account e-mail do I risk hitting Duplicate Certificate or other limits in normal circumstances, at any point?

Cheers,
Martin

1 Like

cli.ini is not managed by Certbot, but by the user. I think the email setting in cli.ini is only used when registering a new account, so if you're fine with using the -m option or running Certbot non-interactively when registering a new account, there's no need to set it in cli.ini.

The email address is not related to any rate limit at all.

10 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.