Zertifikat umziehen auf neuen Server

Hallo

Wie kann ich ein bereits vorhandenes Zertifikat, das auf einem Server installiert ist, auf einen anderen Server übernehmen(transverieren)

Hi @DiPfTe, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

First, let me apologize for my use of only English in my response.

Moving certificates from one server to another is usually quite simple.
In general, one would copy the entire contents of the ACME controlled directory from one server to another [for a complete synchronization].
If you require anything less, you could then simply delete the certs that you don't need [on that second server].
Where the certs are stored depends on the ACME client used and how it was used.

If you require more help...

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

3 Likes

Wie wäre es, wenn Sie einfach den PRIVATE KEY und die CERTIFICATE-Dateien (einschließlich der Fullchain) von der alten auf die neue kopieren?

1 Like

@Bruce5051, although copying just the cert over to the new server would "work", it doesn't address the impending expiration.

Hopefully, they will take renewing their certs into consideration.

3 Likes

@rg305, Yeah I never know how detailed or not detailed to answer a question.
Basically what am I to infer and not infer. :beer:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.