Your connection is not private

Hello everyone,

I am using centos6 and I already had certificate for some domains on my server and it is working well. Now I am trying use new domain on the same server. I also got new certificate for new domain and then I configure d that new certificate in Apache2 as my old configuration pattern, but the browser response as below error:

=============== Chrome Error ==========================
Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from myNewdomain.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is myNewdomain.com; its security certificate is from myOlddomain.com. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

====================================================

I would like to ask how can i fix this bug?
Thanks you

Did you reload apache after changing the configuration to point to the new certificate ?

From the error, it looks as if it’s still using the old cert - hence the problem is either the configuration is still pointing to the old cert, or you haven’t reloaded the config.

@serverco

Yes I did, After changing the configuration I already restart apache, but it still using old cert.

Noted: I have use two cert in apache configuration file(httpd-ssl.conf). The old one is working well, but the second one doesn’t working.
==============httpd-ssl.conf================
Listen 443
NameVirtualHost *:443
SSLProtocol all -SSLv2 -SSLv3
SSLCipherSuite ECDHE-ECDSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-RSA-CHACHA20-POLY1305:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:DHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA384:ECDHE-ECDSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES128-SHA:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA256:DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA:ECDHE-ECDSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:ECDHE-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:EDH-RSA-DES-CBC3-SHA:AES128-GCM-SHA256:AES256-GCM-SHA384:AES128-SHA256:AES256-SHA256:AES128-SHA:AES256-SHA:DES-CBC3-SHA:!DSS;
SSLHonorCipherOrder on

+domain1.com
ServerName domain1.com
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /home/web/cert/all/domain.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/web/cert/all/domain.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /home/web/cert/all/intermediate.pem

+domain2.com
ServerName domain2.com
SSLEngine on
SSLCertificateFile /home/web/cert/emp/domain.crt
SSLCertificateKeyFile /home/web/cert/emp/domain.key
SSLCertificateChainFile /home/web/cert/emp/intermediate.pem

=================================================

Can I use two cert on one server? If it is ok:

What is my mistake?

Best regards

Please put the config within the “code markup” (select the text and click on the “</>” logo). I am missing a lot of directives like <VirtualHost> et cetera.

Also, it will be much easier to solve your problem if you post your real domain names, so people can check their configuration.

Thanks,
Jacob

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.