Worries with an SSL certificate

Hello, I had to change the server several times for my web project except that I reached a limit. Is there a solution?

Yes, wait a few days.

1 Like

The immediate solution, as noted, is to wait for the limit to expire. The long-term solution is to use the staging environment, not the production environment, for testing.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback, except the limit is how much for this kind of problem

[image]

Hi @drhouse33, your image didn't make it through onto the forum.

Did you read the linked "Rate Limits" page and try to find the text corresponding to your error?

If you hit a limit by destroying and recreating server instances, the likeliest limit is the Duplicate Certificates limit, which will reset after 7 days.

1 Like

it's error: "Error: Unable to issue SSL / TLS Let's Encrypt certificate for scripts-webmasters.net

One of the Let's Encrypt limits was exceeded for scripts-webmasters.net.
See the Knowledge Base article to learn more.
Details
Invalid response from https://acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-order.
Details:
Type: urn: ietf: params: acme: error: rateLimited
Detail: Error creating a new order :: too many certificates (5) already issued for this exact set of domains in the last 168 hours: *"

Yep, that is the duplicate certificate limit and will reset in 168 hours (7 days).

1 Like

Or use one of the certificates previously issued. You should be able to fetch them from the previous servers.

Also, please experiment only on the staging environment.

2 Likes

How do you manage to use the old certificate?

[image]

Boot up the old server and copy the certificate and private key over securely to your current server? Or use one of your backups.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.