Win-Simple creates a new cert everyday for one domain name

Issue starting about 15 days ago the Task Scheduler on windows box began creating a new cert everyday. web site was fine but today it stopped allow HTTPS connections. So this is how we were alerted to the problem. Opening the list of certs and there was one for everyday going back about 15 days.

We tried to manually change to the most recent one but it would not allow HTTPS. In the IIS bindings settings it would not allow us to enter the domain name - only assign the cert to an IP address. The host domain name box was greyed out - allowing no changes. In the end we had to manually change the friendly name to use *. eastcoastrestorations.com. This then opened the grey box and allowed us to enter the domain name. The site in now working correctly.

Now we are wondering about the next time win-simple tries to renew it again and it overwrites our settings. Not sure why it thinks the cert has expired everyday.
To buy us some time to investigate we changed the scheduled task to only run weekly for now.

Thanks for all that you do!

============== =============

My domain is: eastcoastrestorations.com

My web server is (include version): IIS7

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Win 2008 R2

I can login to a root shell on my machine: yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site: None.

Hi,

What software are you using to request certificate?
(You probably want to open this thread at the product / software’s support site)

Thank you

We are using the WIn-Simple - letsencrypt-win-simple.v1.9.7.0-beta10
Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.