I have read some posts relating to this problem.
My setup currently is:
- A domain purchased from GoDaddy. There is a CNAME record which points to my dynamic DNS domain name.
- Dynamic DNS account with noip.com. This has an A record entry which points to my home router’s public IP (dynamic).
- Port forwarding setup in my home router. WAN port 80 is mapped to my server machine’s port 80 (which is in the router LAN)
- An nginx web server running on my server machine. It serves the default static page on port 80.
- Port 443 is not blocked. (God’s grace perhaps). There is also port mapping in the router for this.
- server machine has certbot-auto installed.
Since port 80 is blocked, certbot-auto fails. Wondering if I created a cloud vm, with the same setup as that of my server machine, and, then changed my DDNS to point to this machines public ip address, and then run certbot-auto from there…copy the certs from that machine and install it on my server machine.
Will this work?