Why this error is shown when i am trying to add the new subdomain

i am using nodejs and express with nginx to create the server. i have create a file in both sites-available & sites-enabled folder with the following configuration but it showing the error that I have attacked. I have already added A record in the hostinger. Certbot command is showing error, please check

Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?
We recommend selecting either all domains, or all domains in a VirtualHost/server block.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1: admin.vascareers.com
2: app.vascareers.com
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Select the appropriate numbers separated by commas and/or spaces, or leave input
blank to select all options shown (Enter 'c' to cancel): 2
Requesting a certificate for app.vascareers.com

Certbot failed to authenticate some domains (authenticator: nginx). The Certificate Authority reported these problems:
  Domain: app.vascareers.com
  Type:   unauthorized
  Detail: 2a02:4780:11:1219:0:64c:bb4f:a: Invalid response from http://app.vascareers.com/.well-known/acme-challenge/gLKYBWqhWpk-6srl6tQ1X7ufBBuFCnZuViCRe2Ql7h4: 404

Hint: The Certificate Authority failed to verify the temporary nginx configuration changes made by Certbot. Ensure the listed domains point to this nginx server and that it is accessible from the internet.

Some challenges have failed.
Ask for help or search for solutions at https://community.letsencrypt.org. See the logfile /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log or re-run Certbot with -v for more details.

Welcome @vivekyadav4321

That is an IPv6 address in the error message. You have both IPv4 and IPv6 addresses in your DNS and Let's Encrypt prefers the IPv6 when present.

But, your IPv6 address (in your AAAA record) does not point to your nginx server. It points to a LiteSpeed server.

You should update the value in the AAAA record or remove it if you do not support IPv6.

For IPv6 you will also need to add a listen statement to your nginx server block because right now it is only listening on IPv4

This test site is helpful to debug comms on new setups

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.