Why do i receive so many renewal notices?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: bluebanana.ca

My web server is (include version): Windows

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: LiquidWeb

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): Yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Plesk

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

Hello, I’m curious why do I receive so many renewal notices? I thought Let’sEncrypt renewed automatically except for the wildcard type.

Thank you, Randy

1 Like

Hi @RGG

who sends these messages? Letsencrypt or your Plesk?

Read

2 Likes

They are from Let’s Encrypt. Below is an example:

Your certificate (or certificates) for the names listed below will expire in 10 days (on 20 Jan 20 20:32 +0000). Please make sure to renew your certificate before then, or visitors to your website will encounter errors.

We recommend renewing certificates automatically when they have a third of their
total lifetime left. For Let’s Encrypt’s current 90-day certificates, that means
renewing 30 days before expiration. See
https://letsencrypt.org/docs/integration-guide/ for details.

gulliverbuilt.ca
webmail.windermeremedical.ca
windermeremedical.ca
www.gulliverbuilt.ca
www.windermeremedical.ca

Regards,
The Let’s Encrypt Team

1 Like

There is no problem visible if you know the content of the "Expiration Emails" - document. Checked one domain - https://check-your-website.server-daten.de/?q=gulliverbuilt.ca#ct-logs

Issuer not before not after Domain names LE-Duplicate next LE
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-01-14 2020-04-13 gulliverbuilt.ca, www.gulliverbuilt.ca
2 entries duplicate nr. 1
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2020-01-07 2020-04-06 *.gulliverbuilt.ca, gulliverbuilt.ca
2 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-11-08 2020-02-06 *.gulliverbuilt.ca, gulliverbuilt.ca
2 entries
Let's Encrypt Authority X3 2019-10-22 2020-01-20 gulliverbuilt.ca, www.gulliverbuilt.ca
2 entries

The gulliverbuilt.ca expires 2020-01-20, you have renewed it 2020-01-14 -> that's one mail.

1 Like

Sorry, I have already manually renewed all these domains. I’m wondering why they aren’t renewing automatically. It’s a bit time consuming to be doing it all manually.

2 Likes

How do you manually renew them? What kind of Let’s Encrypt client are you using?

2 Likes

Hi, Seth,

I manually renew by clicking the Renew button at the bottom of the Let’s Encrypt SSL/TLS Certificate page in Plesk.

2 Likes

Thanks. In that case, I think you’ll be able to get better advice over on the Plesk forum because Plesk is the software that’s responsible for either automatically renewing your certificate or not.

(I don’t think people on this forum necessarily have much knowledge about how Plesk handles this, although someone might.)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.