When i use the phpstudy to get the ssl certificate it reported an error!

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:http://mctg.xyz

I ran this command:when i use the phpstudy to made the ssl certificate

It produced this output: centos_ssl Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log Plugins selected: Authenticator webroot, Installer None Obtaining a new certificate Non-standard path(s), might not work with crontab installed by your operating system package manager An unexpected error occurred: UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 637-638: ordinal not in range(128) Please see the logfiles in /var/log/letsencrypt for more details. /usr/local/phpstudy/system/module/certbot-auto has insecure permissions! To learn how to fix them, visit Certbot-auto deployment best practices

My web server is (include version):apache

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):CentOS 7

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know):yes,i can

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):phpstudy 1.23

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):idk because it comes with the panel

2 Likes

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community :slightly_smiling_face:

There appear to be characters in your webroot path definition that are incompatible with your acme client.

2 Likes

Please show the logs for the last failing run.

2 Likes

There were a number of difficulties in Certbot in the past in dealing with non-ASCII characters (like ü, ç, ي, or 美) that appeared in web server configuration files, or in filenames.

While many of these problems have been fixed, it's possible that not all of them have. Even though this is generally a bug (and you should be allowed to use foreign-language characters in names and configurations on your system), you might be able to work around it by finding places where these characters appear in your configuration and removing them.

As your site is in Chinese, I guess it was Chinese characters that caused the problem somewhere. Note that you don't have to remove the Chinese characters from the web site content to avoid triggering this bug, just from your configuration files.

The phpstudy tool you used indirectly uses some version of Certbot to get the certificate. If you're interested enough and want to double-check whether this problem still appears when you independently use the most recent version of Certbot (instead of whatever version phpstudy is installing), I'm sure the Certbot developers would be interested in the details, in order to fix this behavior and correctly allow the use of characters from non-English writing systems!

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.