When does my SSL certificate expire and how do I renew it?

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: www.pro-tectsocks.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My operating system is (include version):

My web server is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Your current certificate expires on Thursday, 3 November 2016

To renew depends slightly on your system and how you obtained / installed the certificate in the first place - can you provide the details ?

Assuming you used certbot then simply the command “certbot renew” should renew the certificate for you, and you will probably need to restart your nginx

The SSL Certificate was set up by a previous employee and I know absolutely nothing about it. I don’t know what “certbot” or “nginx” is. Can you help me get a better understanding of how to determine who provided the certificate and how to contact them? How were you able to find out that it expires on November 3, 2016? Thanks

There are several ways of doing this - I simply checked in the browser … go to https://www.pro-tectsocks.com/ (I used chrome, but most browsers do something similar), click on the lock and ask for details … it gives (amongst lots of other things when you view the certififcate

Issued On	Friday, 5 August 2016 at 22:44:00
Expires On	Thursday, 3 November 2016 at 21:44:00

Without the logs to your server, and a bit more information - not really.

It looks like a server probably with Shopify ? In this a dedicated server ( i.e. only your account on it, and you have root access ) or is this a shared server (you don’t have root access, and various other people probably have accounts on the same server ) ?

Do you have a control panel for your account on the server ?

Were you employing a web manager or someone around Friday, 5 August 2016 when the SSL was put on ?

Also, you may find your certificate information from http://crt.sh/?q=www.pro-tectsocks.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.