VMware Horizon is throwing - err-ssl-version-or-cipher-mismatch

Hi, I am trying to use Let's Encrypt SSL certificate for the VMware Horizon View. At the moment we are using SSL certificate from other company.

I have used win-acme tool to generate the certificate which has been installed on the local computer\personal\certificates.

When I browse the site via Google Chrome, it says "mydomain.com uses an unsupported protocol ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH - Unsupported protocol The client and server don't support a common SSL protocol version or cipher suite.".

MS IE says "This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner."

https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=mydomain.com says "Assessment failed: Failed to communicate with the secure server"
https://www.digicert.com/help/ says "Unable to connect"

I can access the site via IP or if I use my previous SSL certificate from other company the site is accessible on HTTPS.

I have successfully installed Lets Encrypt certificate using same steps on our Microsoft Exchange server but I am not sure why VMware Horizon View throws such error.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you,

Hi @bickyz

your domain name is required to check your configuration.

That's

always wrong.

\personal\ is the wrong place of certificates, if you want to use such a certificate with a website. Machine\Webhosting (or something else, there is a special subfolder) is required.

1 Like

Hi JuergenAuer,
Thank you.

local computer\personal\certificates is the location of the Windows Certificate Store wherer win-acme installs the certificate.

I have removed the certificate installed by win-acme from the Windows Store. Then manually imported the one from the \ProgramData\win-acme\acme-v02.api.letsencrypt.org\Certificates\ providing the pfx password seems to have fixed my issue.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.