Unknown IPv6 is used for challenge instead of domain`s IPv4

My domain is: organitz.kiev.ua

I ran this command: certbot certonly --webroot --webroot-path /var/www/certbot/ --dry-run -d organitz.kiev.ua

It produced this output: https://acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/chall-v3/10571894684/HEF01g

My web server is (include version): nginx/1.18.0

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ubuntu 22

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): certbot 1.21.0

My domain is associated with IPv4 address only (109.86.28.20). Why is it picking up some unknown IPv6 (2001:41d0:b:a74:5:39:10:93)?

I don't know but the Let's Encrypt staging system is not seeing one now. Was that just a one-time failure?

Is this a new server setup? I am guessing the IPv6 address was setup by your hosting service (OVH?) at the start but then later removed it.

It should work now using just your IPv4

4 Likes

After I posted this message I went to my domain registrar and deleted AAAA record lines (even though they were empty). After this problem disappeared. Maybe they had some default parking stub for it?

Now it work fine. Sorry for inconvenience.

4 Likes

Maybe

No worries. It was a fair question. Glad it is working now.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.