Unable to update challenge :: authorization must be pending

My domain is: collectoo.fr

I ran this command: Used "certes" c# library

It produced this output: AcmeRequestException : Fail to load resource from 'https://acme-staging-v02.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/chall-v3/2031491498/M1rHWg'.
urn:ietf:params:acme:error:malformed: Unable to update challenge :: authorization must be pending

My web server is (include version):DNS challenge, no web server involved

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: self hosted

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): Certes 3.0.3 (latest at this date)

I have the exact same issue than here : Unable to update challenge :: authorization must be pending

But unfortunately this post has been closed for inactivity so I cannot bounce on it.

So, reading that page I understood that when I call "Validate" the authorization should already be valid otherwise it will go in an invalid state and I have to abandon the order.

Someone also states : "The authorization object contains the domain name for which the DNS challenge must be established."

But, first of all, I don't find any field in the authorization object that shows the domain name :
CertesIssue

Also, I don't see any field that gives the status of the authorization, reason why I called "validate" because it returns an object that contains the status.

So my questions are :

• How exactly can I link an authorization to the corresponding domain ? (assuming I have an order for multiple domains, so called SAN, Subject Alternative Names)
  • How can I check the status of an authorization before calling Validate() ?

There's a Status field.

It'll be in the Identifier field.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.