Unable to get certificate for nextcloud snap

That's just an outgoing connection to some HTTPS webserver, not your webserver listening on port 80.

You might be able to get a certificate with the --standalone plugin, but then you'd need to install that certificate manually into whatever webserver Nextcloud uses.. And you won't be able to easily renew it, as ultimately there's gonna be a webserver running and that would interfere with the --standalone authenticator, unless stopped before renewing..

3 Likes

that also does not work. I already tried self-signed but it also does not work. I am planning on resetting my network to see if that will work

If the --standalone authenticator doesn't work, there's either a problem with the IP address (is 83.83.165.172 the correct IP address of the host?) or some routing issue (NAT portmap, Docker mapping or some strange iptables mapping from port 80 to something else..).

1 Like

the plan for now is to reset the network when everyone is asleep and try one more time since local also does not work. like even without https it does not want to work

What shows?:
curl -4 ifconfig.me
curl -6 ifconfig.me

2 Likes

2001:1c02:2f12:fd00:f261:a33:2fc:fbd2

1 Like

That looks right.

2 Likes

What exactly will be "reset" / "power cycled"?

Does that place nextcloud into a "container"?

2 Likes

with the reset i mean factory reset. was planning that this al a while ago.

and snap is: A snap is an application containerised with all its dependencies.

Yeah, but snap works completely diffferent compared with e.g. Docker.. :thinking: So one type of container is not the other type of container.. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

so i got it working!

i just switched from Raspberry to ubuntu and it no longers complains

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.