TXT Challenge on DNS different than response from nslookup


#1

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: 28beatty.com

I ran this command: running dehydrated using the dreamhost hook.
https://github.com/ErinMorelli/dehydrated-dreamhost-hook

It produced this output:

I see an _acme-challenge.jenkins being generated in my provider with the following key/value:

key: _acme-challenge.jenkins
value: ValueABCDEF

If I run an nslookup -q=TXT _acme-challenge.jenkins I get the following key/value:

key: _acme-challenge.jenkins.28beatty.com
value: Value123456

My operating system is (include version): CentOS 7

My web server is (include version): N/A I just want to generate the certs the web server is a different internal server.

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: dreamhost

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Ultimately what’s happening is the script is finding the old challenge, deleting it and creating a new challenge however it never recognizes the challenge via DNS and therefore can’t proceed with generating the cert.


#2

I just tried doing the same nslookup from my work and that returns the correct value so it looks like I have an improperly configured dns at home :frowning: so doesn’t seem to be a problem with any scripts it’s an issue with my dns configuration which I need to investigate.


#3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.