Too many registrations on this IP

HI i’m having some difficulties figuring out what constitutes as an account in the Acme V1 Api
I’m using AcmeSharp (library) to develop a client service, but I’m hitting the error in the topic, it seems to me that i’m hitting the maximum accounts, but I can’t figure out how to conform to the standards when the V1 api doesn’t have the account concept.

I’ve tried reusing both the signer and the registration but both gives me errors
Registration gives me: No registration exists matching provided key

Can you please point me in the right direction?

The v1 API definitely has the concept of ACME accounts: https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-acme-acme-03#section-6.2

I’m not too sure what your question is asking. You will have received that error as a result of a failed new-reg, which is where the ACME account is coming into existence.

Edit: I accidentally linked the wrong draft!

Looking at the ACMESharp API, it seems like you can pass an AcmeRegistration that you created earlier into the constructor of AcmeClient. This is how you would re-use an ACME account.

I’m not sure why you would receive a “No registration exists”. How are you persisting the AcmeRegistrations?

Hi AZ
Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, it seems like i’m moving forward.
I’m Now running in to another problem which makes me sort of confused:
“User registration ID doesn’t match registration ID in authorization”.

I’m reusing bothe the signer and the registration but it seems like i’m missing something.

I’m using one reg and signer for all certs.

It would be helpful to post your full code, as it is tricky to identify what mistakes you have made from the error messages.

That error would indicate that different ACME accounts were used to create the challenge and then to submit the challenge answer.

I figured it out, It was something in my code (an inverted bool) :slight_smile:
Thank you so much for your help I don’t know what I would have done without it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.