I’ve managed to tangle my self up in LetsEncrypt spaghetti. It seems that there are a lot of usage cases that need documenting a bit more before I go exploring my way down the rabbit hole. I was trying to run the LE client to add another site as explained in this thread then I managed to tangle myself up and just wanted to uninstall and reinstall the LE software and TLS certs to go back to a working state and now because I have no real idea what was installed when I ran the LE client I’m stuck with a broken website.
A potential fix for the issue.
There really needs to be a bit more documentation about how to fully clean up after anything that might have changed in my configs. Even if it just makes mention of the configs that its changed in a log file I could try and untangle it myself.