"The certificate could not be exported"

I updated my Mac to 10.13.3 and the Server software to 5.5 (latest versions), and I renewed my LetsEncrypt certificate at the same time. But when I select my certificate in the Server app, it tells me:

Services could not be configured to use this certificate.
The certificate could not be exported, and cannot be used to configure services.

I renewed my certificate with the script in Complete guide to install SSL certificate on your OS X server hosted website (which worked two months ago). I also tried dragging cert.pem and privkey.pem directly into the Server app to add the certificate. It shows the certificate; it just won’t let me select it to use.

What does the “The certificate could not be exported” error mean, and how do I get past it?

My domain is: enchanter.net
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): macOS 10.13.3
I can login to a root shell on my machine: yes
I’m using a control panel to manage my site: Server 5.5 (the Apple software)

I might have just fixed it by forcing a certificate renewal, then dragging cert.pem and privkey.pem directly into the Server app again.

If this worked, it might mean that macOS 10.13.3 / Server 5.5 has some problem with renew.sh script, or else that I did something wrong along the way.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.