The Acme server was Unable to reach

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: webshop.petrolgeekz.com

I ran this command:letsencrypt.exe

It produced this output: The acme server was probably unable to reach …

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): windows server 2012 r2

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: eukhost dedicated

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): plesk

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):

You are probably not on the best ACME client for Windows Server 2012 r2.
And it might not even be the latest version of that client.

Step #1. Update ACME client.

What was the complete error message, or the complete output from the program?

I installed a newer version, the issue is very cleared now.

Hi @gela13

checking your domain via webshop.petrolgeekz.com - Make your website better - DNS, redirects, mixed content, certificates

Host Type IP-Address is auth. ∑ Queries ∑ Timeout
webshop.petrolgeekz.com A 109.75.172.75 Morley/England/United Kingdom (GB) - Node4 Limited Hostname: mail.prigoza.be yes 1 0
AAAA yes
www.webshop.petrolgeekz.com Name Error yes 1 0
*.webshop.petrolgeekz.com A Name Error yes

Your non-www domain name has an ip address.

Your www domain name doesn't have one. So create an A record with your www version and the same ip address 109.75.172.75.

1 Like

Thanks! I will add the A record.

regards

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.