Stop renewal of None Exiting domains

I have a domain https://www.nmmapper.com which had lots of subdomains close to 11+ the purpose of those subdomains has ended, my certificate needs renewal, am using cloudflare, and I don’t want any disruption on my services, when I try to renew this is what I get and everything stops immediately

Domain: p352931.nmmapper.com
type: None
Detail: No valid IP addresses found for p352931.nmmapper.com

Domain: goaccess.nmmapper.com
Type: None
Detail: No valid IP addresses found for goaccess.nmmapper.com

Domain: celery.nmmapper.com
Detail: No valid IP addresses found for celery.nmmapper.com

Domain: a1.nmmapper.com
Detail: No valid IP addresses found for a1.nmmapper.com

...... and more.......

I run the following command

$ certbot renew

https://crt.sh/?q=nmmapper.com

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @latest-release,

Were you not using Cloudflare at the time that you originally obtained this certificate?

Did you want to remove the subdomains from your certificate? In Certbot this requires you to explicitly list the domains that you do want on the new certificate, or if you’re willing to take a risk you can use --allow-subset-of-names (which will automatically remove all names that fail for any reason, which might include renewals that fail for reasons other than the reasons you expected).

1 Like

Yes, I obtained this certificate before switching to cloudflare and again
Yes, I want to remove subdomains that no longer exists, but certbot attempts
to renew there certificate.

Also I have two domains, there other works very well, the renewal is fine an well.
But only this one with none-exiting subdomains.

My configurations are currently broken, let me first fix them before trying out your option.
Thank you

To remove specific subdomains, the recommended way is to identify the certificate name for the certificate that you want to update (you can use certbot certificates to confirm it). Then run

certbot certonly --cert-name mycertname -d example.com -d subdomain.example.com

where mycertname is the existing certificate name, and example.com and subdomain.example.com are the names that you want to keep on the updated certificate. Names that you don’t mention here will not be included.

1 Like

Thank you soo much for your working solution.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.