"type": "http-01",
  "status": "invalid",
  "error": {
    "type": "urn:acme:error:connection",
    "detail": "DNS problem: query timed out looking up A for    xxxxxx  ",
    "status": 400
  }

The product server is running ok.

Noticing the same. Running tcpdump, no queries are hitting my DNS servers.

Staging works for me. Well, the DNS queries came through, but i failed validation intentionally.

maybe a DNS provider issue?

–live system is up
but test is definitely having DNS issues:
“Domain verification results for ‘my.fqdn’: error. DNS problem: query timed out looking up A for my.fqdn”

I’m wondering the same. I’ve been struggling all evening to figure what’s wrong with my client and/or dns-01 responder. I consistently get “authorizations for these names not found or expired” responses. The dns challenge tokens are correct and available by every metric that’s worked in the past.

OMG, i messed up.

Prod works for me.

Staging fails with "query timed out looking up A for" as reported here.

Edit: And the authoritative servers (at least for the subdomain) don't receive anything.

This was from the load testing work that was being done against the Staging environment yesterday: Let's Encrypt Status

The problems should be resolved now. Apologies for the inconvenience!

1 Like

This is great, thank you. Could we get a link to the status.io page at the top level of community.l.o? I looked for one before posting, but didn’t think of going all the way up to www.l.o.

I think we have something in place that adds a status page link to the top of the community when there is an open maintenance window for prod. I'll ask about whether we could do the same for staging. Thanks for the suggestion!

When staging was down yesterday, there was a banner on the top of the forum.

@cpu while you’re having someone look at it: it would be nice if you could get that banner to appear on smaller viewports too. I noticed yesterday it only shows up on large screens. :calling: :disappointed:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.