SSL for Tomcat8 (Resolved)

Hey guys,

I am using letsencrypt for the first time. We have a subdomain for our site. The thing is i have retrieved the certificate files fullchain.pem, privykey.pem, cert.pem, chain.pem and i am running a Tomcat8 Webserver. I have googled a lot for the configuration of server.xml and havent found any solution. The webserver is running on port 8080 i am running ubuntu 16.04 on digitalocean. Can someone please share the server.xml file on how to configure it ? Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi @syed1,

Have you looked at some of the previous threads on this topic here?

https://community.letsencrypt.org/search?q=tomcat%20jks

Hi @schoen

Yup, tried all of it. The problem is most of them suggest to convert to JKS or pkcs12 format. but once i do that the certificate is invalid (it says not secure). i have pem files, tried all the treads what the community has suggested it isnt working. I need help with the configuration of server.xml file.
I did try reverse proxy using apache2 all in vain :frowning:

Hi @schoen

It is resolved.

1. mkdir -p /etc/tomcat8/keystore/

2. openssl pkcs12 -export -in /etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain.com/fullchain.pem -inkey

/etc/letsencrypt/live/yourdomain.com/privkey.pem -out /etc/tomcat8/keystore/students.kodebay.com.p12

-password pass:yourpassword

1. keytool -importkeystore -srckeystore /etc/tomcat8/keystore/yourdomain.com.p12 -srcstoretype pkcs12 -

srcstorepass yourpassword -destkeystore /etc/tomcat8/keystore/yourdomain.com.keystore -

deststoretype jks -deststorepass yourpassword

Thanks to @sahsanu His reply on a tread helped me. The above procedure works!

Thanks @schoen

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.