Ssl_error_bad_cert_domain

I have 3 domains on 1 VDS server. Earlier Let’s encrypt certificates worked for for all of them, but yesterday i installed nginx(reverse proxy) and it’s working together with apache.
Unfortunately i have now a problem with certificates - SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN. https://www.ssllabs.com shows all 3 certificates have Server hostname as domain and not their own addresses.
I can reissue the certificte via Plesk, but it makes it automatically and have no possibility to change domain or sth. I can, of course, use advanced settings and type domain name there and and choose request or self-signed. Tried to do that and choose request, but generated certificate has only CSR part and private key and unable to use it…

My domain is: www.solaris-ustronie.eu and two other domains.

I ran this command: -

It produced this output: -

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is : CentOS 7.8.2003

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Plesk

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): Not using certbot

Hi @Amakesh

if you use Plesk, you shouldn’t do that:

Use Plesk or use something else (your own webserver, your own client like Certbot). But don’t mix both. That can’t work.

I’m using Plesk to manage server settings etc. Nginx is reverse proxy server and apache is a webserver. It is possible to install nginx via Plesk and using it as reverse proxy together with apache as web server.
And the problem is why the certificates for all my domains have SERVER HOSTNAME as domain name and how to fix it.
Server and the domains are sharing the same ip, but earlier the certiicates were correct despite of this.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.