SSL cert is considered weak by browsers

My question: Firefox and Chrome both complain about a lack of ownership information and grump about it being unsafe. How do I add that to the SSL certificate?

My domain is:
liferootacupuncture.com

I ran this command:
certbot certonly --manual -d liferootacupuncture.com -d www.liferootacupuncture.com

It produced this output: (It succeeded)

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
linux 2.6.32-696.18.7.el6.x86_64 x86_64

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Jumpline

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): no.

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Yes.
I can also log in to a shell, just not as root

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
certbot 0.36.0

1 Like

Chrome is complaining about your TLS/SSL version and ciphersuites, which are part of your server configuration (https://ssl-config.mozilla.org/).

Your certificate is fine, but you need to update your Apache configuration to use a modern TLS/SSL version and modern ciphersuites.

However, your version of Apache is very old - Apache 2.0.52. It’s so old that it might be the case that it doesn’t actually support any modern TLS/SSL settings.

Since you don’t have root access, I think you might need to ask your web host about what upgrade paths they have available for you to get to a modern, secure configuration.

3 Likes

Here is a screenshot from Firefox:

1 Like

Thanks. You probably won’t be able to fix this without root access.

I would tell your web host that you need to upgrade your webserver to use TLS 1.2 or newer, and see what they can offer you.

2 Likes

Okay, I’ll do that.
Thanks.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.