SSL Bundle Certificate

Hello Everyone!

I need to set up an SSL Bundle Certificate for
to receive payments on a website.

Has anyone here done this process? How do
you get an SSL bundle certificate?

THank you

For this thread: an SSL Certificate Bundle = an SSL certificate

So, getting an SSL certificate is rather simple and there are many choices.
But the choices depend on the operating system and the web server software used.

Thank you Rudy

I have the domain and website hosted with namecheap.

OK I’ll try to make this simple…

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is:

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

Thank you Rudy,

I’ll have the person helping me gill this out tonight. I have no clue

Hi @lovekaisei,

The best way to proceed depends a lot on your hosting environment, because each hosting environment has different tools and different options. So it will be important to have the details. If you don’t know them, maybe the person helping you can find them.

Depending on your hosting environment, your options for obtaining a certificate from Let’s Encrypt might be (in my opinion from best to worst in some ways):

• Your hosting provider or your web server software may have a built-in option to automatically get a certificate for every domain. You might just have to activate this option somehow.
  • If you use a control panel to administer your site, the control panel might have a built-in feature to obtain certificates, which you might just have to activate somehow.
  • If you administer your server yourself, you can install a Let’s Encrypt client application like Certbot, which can help obtain certificates for you and can be set up to renew them automatically before they expire.
  • You can also get certificates using an interactive web-based client which reproduces the feeling of interacting with a certificate authority on a web site. For example, https://zerossl.com/ offers this experience. This is the least desirable option only because it can’t be automated, so if you choose this route, you’ll have to do it over and over again so that you don’t get stuck with an expired certificate.

This is also described at https://letsencrypt.org/getting-started/, but maybe we need to update that a little bit with a broader range of options and examples.

Thank yoi Seth!

I’ll get the details!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.