Simple php/html form fails to post

Please try specifying the entire path to the php script in the action, starting from https:// and ending with .php. I have a theory.

| griffin Regular
July 21 |

• | - |

Please try specifying the entire path to the php script in the action, starting from https:// and ending with .php. I have a theory.

tried that ... no diff

pb

1 Like

Possibilities:

thanks!

pb

1 Like

stablehost techie mau just switched the acct from litespeed to apache and the problem went away

pb

1 Like

spoke too soon ... went away and within 5 min came nack ... does that suggest malware?

pb

1 Like

spoke too soon ... went away and within 5 min came nack ... does that suggest malware?

no it's fixed ... probably litespeed config issue?

thanks to all who participated

pb

1 Like

That would make sense. My initial guess was trouble with parsing/rewriting of the request by the webserver.

| griffin Regular
July 21 |

• | - |

That would make sense. My initial guess was trouble with parsing/rewriting of the request by the webserver.

That was a rilly good guess.

Odd issue though ... only manifests on some Windows client boxes.

PB

1 Like

It could be doing something based on the User Agent that the client browser states (bot/crawler detection etc).

1 Like

| webprofusion
July 22 |

• | - |

It could be doing something based on the User Agent that the client browser states (bot/crawler detection etc).

Chris, thanks, how do we explain the specificity to ...

(i) just some Windows instances,

(ii) no Linux or Android instances,

(iii) only with self-posting

... ?

pb

1 Like

No idea! I would assert that it's malware affecting these hosts, then work back from there. It could be something simple like an auto proxy configuration that nobody knows about/understands.

1 Like

When LiteSpeed is swapped out for Apache, the problem goes away.

When a new version of LiteSpeed is swapped in for Apache, the problem returns.

That leaves malware an unlikely cause, doesn't it?

1 Like

You've answered your own question :slight_smile: - I think you ideally need to take greater control of your own hosting as currently it sounds like you're at the mercy of a slightly wobbly technical relationship with your hosting provider.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.