Renew Certificate

root@Moodle:/etc/apache2/sites-available# certbot certificates
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log
Attempting to parse the version 1.4.0 renewal configuration file found at /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/elearning.osem.edu.in.conf with version 0.27.0 of Certbot. This might not work.
OCSP check failed for /etc/letsencrypt/live/elearning.osem.edu.in/cert.pem (are we offline?)

Found the following certs:
Certificate Name: elearning.osem.edu.in
Domains: elearning.osem.edu.in
Expiry Date: 2020-08-12 03:13:41+00:00 (INVALID: EXPIRED)
Certificate Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/elearning.osem.edu.in/fullchain.pem
Private Key Path: /etc/letsencrypt/live/elearning.osem.edu.in/privkey.pem

root@Moodle:/etc/apache2/sites-available#

1 Like

Your version of certbot is old and probably using the acme v1 API (which no longer works), you need to upgrade certbot to the highest version your OS supports.

1 Like

How to upgrade??? Give me deatail??

1 Like

root@Moodle:/etc/apache2/sites-available# certbot --version
certbot 0.27.0

1 Like

root@Moodle:/etc/apache2/sites-available# sudo certbot renew --dry-run
Saving debug log to /var/log/letsencrypt/letsencrypt.log

Processing /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/elearning.osem.edu.in.conf

Attempting to parse the version 1.4.0 renewal configuration file found at /etc/l etsencrypt/renewal/elearning.osem.edu.in.conf with version 0.27.0 of Certbot. Th is might not work.
Cert is due for renewal, auto-renewing...
Could not choose appropriate plugin: The requested apache plugin does not appear to be installed
Attempting to renew cert (elearning.osem.edu.in) from /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/e learning.osem.edu.in.conf produced an unexpected error: The requested apache plu gin does not appear to be installed. Skipping.
All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/elearning.osem.edu.in/fullchain.pem (failure)

** DRY RUN: simulating 'certbot renew' close to cert expiry
** (The test certificates below have not been saved.)

All renewal attempts failed. The following certs could not be renewed:
/etc/letsencrypt/live/elearning.osem.edu.in/fullchain.pem (failure)
** DRY RUN: simulating 'certbot renew' close to cert expiry
** (The test certificates above have not been saved.)

1 renew failure(s), 0 parse failure(s)

How to upgrade??? Give me deatail??

1 Like

Sorry I'm not a certbot expert and the upgrade process will depend on how you originally installed it. See https://certbot.eff.org/

For all software upgrades I recommend taking a snapshot of your VM and testing out upgrades that way, especially if you didn't install the software originally.

1 Like

You can try $ sudo apt-get install --only-upgrade certbot which should only update certbot.

Verify that you have the latest version by running $ certbot --version

Then test it using $ sudo certbot renew --dry-run

If successful, run the same command but without --dry-run.

Edit: I just remembered that your current cert is long expired. If the renew command doesn't work, just omit the renew part so you have
$ sudo cerbot

You can use the above command with the --dry-run switch also. That way you won't run into any limit on successful certs.

2 Likes

This suggests at some point in time you've used a relative up to date version of certbot (1.4.0) but now are using an anchient version again.

Have you installed multiple versions of certbot by any change? I.e., one through apt and one through pip?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.