Renew certificate for an AWS S3 static website

My domain is: https://datasturgeon.com/
I ran this command: NA
It produced this output: NA
My web server is (include version): This is a static AWS S3 bucket
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): NA
My hosting provider, if applicable, is: amazon.com
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): no (NA)
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot): NA

I honestly don’t remember how I got my website SSL:ed, but it must have been manually… I received the Let's Encrypt certificate expiration notice for domain "databula.datasturgeon.com" email, so I want to renew my certificate. While there’s tons of information on how to renew certificates for websites that are hosted from an ssh:able server, I couldn’t find any instructions for doing so for a static S3 website…

This Medium post comes close, but it really is about how to set up LE for a static S3 website, not for how to renew one.

Any help would be appreciated, and apologies for the noob question.

Hi @yakir12

then use it. If you don't use an own (installed) client, there is no real difference between "new" and "renew". The commands sent to Letsencrypt are the same. Only difference: "renew" uses the same method saved via the first "new" command.

But if you can't use an own client, that's not relevant.

Or use an online client like sslforfree. But that's manual, every 60 - 85 days.

1 Like

HI,

Since you are using AWS / S3 and currently hold an AWS Managed TLS certificate, i believe you could ignore the message, since AWS Managed certificate is much more painless to use in this case.

Thank you

1 Like

I see, didn't know that, thanks!

Ooo, that sounds like the easiest course of action... My traffic is close to zero so no real harm done if this turns out not to work. I'll just wait and see what happens when the certificate is supposed to expire.

Thank you both!!!

1 Like

FYI: Your main site certificate won't expire until Jan 2020...

However, i do see that there's another site called databula.datasturgeon.com, which sits on a AWS EC2 machine, and using Let's Encrypt. Which site are you trying to get help with?

1 Like

OMG, you’re totally right. The email was actually for the databula.datasturgeon.com site (I just saw datasturgeon…), which I’m not concerned about at all. Good catch! Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.