R3 Certificate didn't renew - don't know acct info

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

I work for a company that has a private app for Shopify, hosted on Azure. It appears that today, the certificate expired. Issuer is R3 which led me to here. It looks like it renewed 3 months ago as expected as from what I read, it renews every 90 days. This was put in place before I started working here and I have no idea of what account it was setup under on DNSimple or how to get it renewed. My assumption is that the credit card that was being used to renew it expired. I need some assistance getting this resolved as we are now not getting orders processed successfully.

My domain is: partners.drakewaterfowl.com

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version): IIS

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Azure

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): I don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

LE certs are free.
If a credit card was used (and its' expiration triggered the renewal failure)... then they have NOT dealt with LE directly.

You mentioned "Shopify, Azure, and DNSimple".
I would think that one of those should be able to help - or at least explain why it has failed to renew.
I would start with Shopify.

So if my cert says “R3” and it renewed 3 months ago is it a let’s encrypt cert? This is an azure server that runs custom code. It isn’t a Shopify server. What would be the first thing to look at to troubleshoot? Where can I go to check on the renewal?

Yes.

That depends on how it is being used; but you say:

So... I'm not sure I can provide adequate instructions.

Each AMCE client should have logs that would help determine why a renewal has failed.
Step #1 Determine which ACME client is being used.
[if unable to do so, you might just want to install a new ACME client and proceed from there]
[if only to get a new cert - since it has already expired]

I ended up using the below and creating a new cert and it appears to have resolved the issue. I appreciate the help. This whole thing is new to me as I usually get digicert ssl's for the sites I setup.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.