Proxy SCEP to ACME?

It's been a few years since I've seen it discussed here. Is anyone aware of anything that can proxy a request to a SCEP Server as an ACME client?

I've a number of network devices that require publicly trusted certificates, and only support SCEP for furnishing certificates.

smallstep has one, not sure it can used as proxy though

4 Likes

It can't. In this setup, smallstep is the CA and performs the issuance, not an ACME server.

6 Likes

3 years ago, someone on Github tried it looks like it:

Not much info there though.

Tried to compile it and that seems to work. It's simply tying the lego ACME client together with a SCEP server written in Go.

4 Likes

Hi @DN0000, and welcome to the LE community forum :slight_smile:

Should that be?:
Is anyone aware of anything that can take a request to a SCEP Server and proxy/modify it as an ACME client to an ACME server?

4 Likes

See my post just above you?

I'm just trying to understand the question clearly.
Your post is a reply to the question [that I'm asking clarity on].

4 Likes

Ah, to me, it didn't come across as a request for clarity, so I didn't understand it.

Clarified wonderfully, thanks!

2 Likes

I recall seeing a few open source "enterprise grade" certificate managers about 3 years ago that would speak ACME to LetsEncrypt/etc to obtain certificates as needed, but spoke different protocols internally. I don't have any bookmarked, but they were all basically Certificate Managers that added in an ACME client.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.