Problems setting up sub-domain

I’m tearing my hair out here but might be missing something. I have been setting up a web site on a new server and have successfully installed and activated Letsencrypt on a sub-domain of the one we want to end up with: test.orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au. That worked and works fine.

Today I went to set up the desired domain: orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au and I keep getting the “query timed out looking up CAA for orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au” error.

I cannot understand because it happily set up test.orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au. So orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au is just running on http for now.

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better.

My domain is: orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au

I ran this command: several. I started with letsencrypt --apache -d test.orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au to do the original one. Then I did the same but added the additional domain:

letsencrypt --apache -d orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au -d test.orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au

I then resorted to letsencrypt --apache and walked through the wizard. I can happily renew the test domain, but not register the non-test domain

It produced this output:

Failed authorization procedure. orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au (tls-sni-01): urn:acme:error:connection :: The server could not connect to the client to verify the domain :: DNS problem: query timed out looking up CAA for orders.topshelfsupplyco.com.au

IMPORTANT NOTES:

etc…

My operating system is (include version):

Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS (GNU/Linux 4.4.0-36-generic x86_64)

My web server is (include version):

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: www.dctwo.com.au, this is a virtual server (VPS?)

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know): yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): no

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.