my Debian 8 + Apache server runs multiple domains and automatically redirects http to https. From time to time, I want to renew my SSL certificates. So I manually run “sudo /usr/local/bin/certbot-auto --apache”, and it asks me “Which names would you like to activate HTTPS for?”
Strangely, one of the domains it recognizes is: “7: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx”
If I only renew domains 1-6, everything works. If I renew all domains, including 7, it doesn’t work. It tries to renew domain 7’s certificate first and gives the following error:
- The following errors were reported by the server:
Detail: Invalid response from
[18.104.22.168]: "<!DOCTYPE html>\n<html>\n <head>\n <!-- Google
Tag Manager -->\n
To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
contain(s) the right IP address.
Can someone please help me fixing this? Thanks!
I think I must delete some file or entry or folder to get rid of domain 7 (which is actually not a real domain, but some strange thing that letsencrypt recognizes)…
As a result, I also can’t auto-refresh my certificates …
Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.
My domain is:
I ran this command:
It produced this output:
My web server is (include version):
The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):
My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):
I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you’re using Certbot):
Thanks, the “apachectl -S” command helped me a lot! I think it was a vHost definition that shouldn’t be there, some files in the folder. I removed those files, now the vHost isn’t defined any more and renew works perfectly! Thanks again, Jürgen!