Problem installing a letsencrypt SSL when there is a SSL certificate bought at a vendor

I have a domain say www.example.com that has a SSL certificate i purchased at a vendor
I have already installed a letsencrypt certificate for another domain on the same server say www.example2.com with no problem

./certbot-auto certonly --apache -d www.example2.com

i wanted to install another certificate not using the expand, so i will have another letsencrypt SSL certificate, then i get this error message :slight_smile:

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: www.example2.com
    Type: unauthorized
    Detail: Incorrect validation certificate for tls-sni-01 challenge.
    Requested
    edfdbe1da016a6dd095d0598023ef117.507ffcc61b07b09f1b9170ff48914223.acme.invalid
    from 163.172.63.51:443. Received 2 certificate(s), first
    certificate had names β€œexample.com, www.example.com”

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
    entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
    contain(s) the right IP address.

all the vhost are on the same IP address. Why does certbot look into at www.example.com ? it has nothing to do with the domain I want to add.
thanks

Your webserver configuration probably is managed in such a manner, the extra temporary virtualhost provided by certbot isn’t playing very nicely along with your other virtualhosts.

It has nothing to do with having a certificate purchased at another vendor, but all with the virtualhost configurations of your webserver.

I managed to solve the install problem by using webroot instead :slight_smile:
./certbot-auto -certonly --webroot -d www.example1.com

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.