Persistence Of cert.org installation

I had the persistence of cert.org installation even i removed the certbot.

I didn’t set the cron job for it at 10 pm. However, I still saw the cert process at that time. I removed the folder at /opt/eff.org and it was created again next day. I was so confused.

My current cron jobs:

30 9 * * * /etc/letsencrypt/certbot-auto renew --noninteractive --renew-hook “/opt/nginx/sbin/nginx -s reload” >> /var/log/le-renew.log

Running this will recreate the /opt/eff.org/certbot directory, if that’s what’s bothering you.

Hi,

Do you want to stop certbot from renewing some certificate automatically? Or the certbot process is not executed as expected?

Thank you

But you left the cronjob and the certbot-auto file?
Why did you remove the cerbot?
What is the problem you can’t fix?

I was wondering why i got the 2 different certbot processes?

My office cron job is 9:30 am. However, I got a stranger cron jobs at 10 pm. How I can run without cron job?

I set it run on 9:30 am but that one runs at 10 am. As the result, i got 2 certbot processes a day.

Can you check if you also have a systemd(timer) running?

I’m using Debian. I don’t think i have it. Do you know where it is located?

Could you please try this command?
systemctl list-timers

P.S. I have no confidence this would work… Since I’m using CentOS… A quick search on Google suggest that some Debian system uses Systemd too…

Thank you. Here is the output

NEXT LEFT LAST PASSED UNIT ACTIVATES
Wed 2018-11-07 11:23:12 UTC 5h 28min left Tue 2018-11-06 11:23:12 UTC 18h ago systemd-tmpfiles-clean.timer systemd-tmpfiles-clean.service

1 timers listed.
Pass --all to see loaded but inactive timers, too.

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply … I really don’t know what’s other possibilities that might create two crons…

Maybe (I mean maybe) @JuergenAuer could have more knowledge on this?

Thank you

You will have to check the crontab for all users.