Not completed validation

Is your webserver running?

1 Like

If you're using the webroot authenticator of certbot, you don't want to include the /.well-known part in the path.

1 Like

You might need to remove the period before .well-known for Rumpus to work right. It may have a special exception.

1 Like

I'll be back a bit later. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Where do I find the webroot authenticator of Certbot?

1 Like

If it's asking for a webroot path, you're using the webroot authenticator.

1 Like

Your server is currently unreachable via port 80.

Now it's back.

You need to find out where that login redirect is coming from.

1 Like

Sorry, after changing the folder name I have forgotten to activate the server software once again.

According to this notice on John"s Blog:

"When asked for the webroot for your server, enter the following path to the Rumpus config folder, exactly: /usr/local/Rumpus/"

I have entered the path.

How can I use the webroot authenticator?

1 Like

If you don't specify an authenticator, certbot should ask. You can also use this:

certbot certonly --webroot -w /usr/local/Rumpus -d "server.kreativ-schmie.de"

1 Like

I need to grab my lunch. I'll be back in a bit.

If there are others around, they may pick up in the meantime.

Until that login redirect gets resolved/excluded, things won't work.

1 Like

Good appetite!

If I use this code in the terminal the following error message appears:

The following error was encountered:
[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/var/log/letsencrypt/.certbot.lock'
Either run as root, or set --config-dir, --work-dir, and --logs-dir to writeable paths.

1 Like

Yep. Use sudo before the command.

1 Like

And despite the changed folder name, I now have the old, first error message again when the server is started. No more fetching.

IMPORTANT NOTES:

• The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: server.kreativ-schmie.de
    Type: unauthorized
    Detail: Invalid response from
    Server Kreativ-Schmiede
    [77.6.165.116]: "\n\n\n<sty"

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
    entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
    contain(s) the right IP address.

1 Like

I have used sudo before the code. The same error message as in the last posting.

1 Like

You had your breakfast, I'm in Germany and my dinner is long overdue. I may not be back online for another 12 hours. But thank you for the help.

2 Likes

For when you return, the login redirect is still the primary issue. You might need to check within your web application software (i.e. check what's running on top of Rumpus).

1 Like

Moin, colleagues,

fixed and resolved problem. I have ordered an upgrade to version 9 of the Rumpus software.

This time with the correct certificate from Let's Encrypt for https and ftps.

Greetings from Hamburg

Thobie

1 Like

Moin, colleagues,

you were right that the operation of the FTP server with the old and unsecured version of Rumpus is not sensible and dangerous.

Apparently some hacker became aware of this thread and hacked my server over the weekend.

Ports 21 and 80 were deleted in my router. And new ports had been set up, 6140–6143 or something like that. There were also two (invisible) files in a user folder on the server, one of which was a Unix executable. Of course, I deleted both immediately.

I assume that the operation of the server is now secured with the ordered new version of Rumpus 9 by the Let's encrypt certificate and that something like this will not happen again.

The acquisition of the update of the new version was therefore a sensible and appropriate investment.

Stay healthy!

Greetings from Hamburg

Thobie

1 Like

That's horrible. :worried:

I'm glad you caught it and are on the way to better security.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.