No resolver defined to resolve r3.o.lencr.org while requesting certificate status, responder: r3.o.lencr.org, certificate

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: btc.lorsenltd.co.uk

I use BTCPay server

My web server is (include version): Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): Ngnix

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: Balzingfast

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):no

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot):

Hi @jsbryans22

please explain your error:

No resolver defined to resolve r3.o.lencr.org while requesting certificate status, responder: r3.o.lencr.org, certificate

When do you see that error? Which instance? You have root access, your webserver doesn't work, there is a proxy.

The proxy Letsencrypt certificate is valid, without the "Must staple" extension. May be that proxy hasn't a correct dns resolver (but that's speculative).

Yes I have root access to my server is my VPS. I run on it BTCPay Server which is come with letsencrypt-nginx-proxy-companion:1.12.2 . this module create the cert.

This is due to nginx trying to get OCSP responses, but is unable to because there is no DNS resolver configured in nginx. Please read the following resolver directive.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.