No https Access from internal

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: nextcloud-blabla.duckdns.org

My web server is (include version): Nginx Proxy Manager 2.11.1; Nextcloud Hub 7 (28.0.4)

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): OMV 7.0.5-1 (Sandworm)

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: duckdns.org

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): Yes

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): Yes

Hello,
I created an SSL certificate with the Nginx Proxy Manager. I have installed a Nextcloud server on my NAS. In the beginning, external and internal access worked perfectly. But now I get an internal error message in Firefox: Error code: MOZILLA_PKIX_ERROR_CA_CERT_USED_AS_END_ENTITY
Access to the Nextcloud server is not possible. When I connect my Laptop to my Cell Phone via Hotspot, it works without any problems. The same thing with Chrome, by the way.
Does anyone have a tip for me?

This says that you are using the wrong certificate file as your main certificate. Certificates consist of a "chain of trust" with your own certificate being signed/issued by another certificate owned by the certificate authority (usually an "intermediate" certificate, which in turn is signed/issued by the CAs root certificate). You generally want to use the fullchain.pem file as your certificate file if using certbot etc to generate your certificate.

2 Likes

And what I have to do now?

Thinking about this more, it's likely that your system is using a self-signed certificate [.i.e. a non-trusted fake certificate] but I can't tell without accessing your real domain. Check the issuer of the certificate.

1 Like

that kinda sounds like your router doesn't support hairpin NAT and try to open router's config page over that domain?, not conclusive evidence to confirm it though

2 Likes