New certificate for website

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. https://crt.sh/?q=example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is:
sabamist.com.au

I ran this command:

It produced this output:

My web server is (include version):

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is:
GoDaddy

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don’t know):

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel):
Plesk

Hi,

I’m a little tech savvy but not a tech professional and I’m out of my depth here. I want a new certificate for my website. I access my site via a GoDaddy web hosting service using Plesk. I’ve tried to install the Letsencrypt extension but my Plesk interface seems to be a locked-down version. I assume this is done so inexperienced users can’t stuff it up or maybe just so GoDaddy can bill for an annual certificate service?

There is an option to upload a certificate from a file so how can I generate a new certificate file for this?

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Hi @stepmars

if your hoster doesn't support that (or support the plesk - option), it's really bad.

You can install a Letsencrypt client. On your local computer. Then use one of the manual options. You need a validation, so you must create a file (your webroot - /.well-known/acme-challenge), then Letsencrypt checks this file. Or you use the dns-validation (creating a special dns - entry).

If that works, you have two or three files (certificate with public key, private key, perhaps an intermediate certificate), then you can upload these files.

But: Letsencrypt certificates are only 90 days valide, so you have to do this every 60 - 85 days. So it's painful.

PS: I forgot the link:

Hi,

Do you happen to have shell access for plesk?

If so, you could take advantage of the plesk API as well as acme.sh ( the full scripts are here
Question - Let's Encrypt *Wildcard Certificates | Plesk Forum, you may need to edit it in order to get certificates other than wildcard with DNS cloudflare authentication)

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.