NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID error on Chrome, on Edge it works

My domain is: info-transistor.info

My web server is (include version): Apache

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version): CentOS

I can login to a root shell on my machine: yes

I’m using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): yes, zpanel

Hi there and thank you for your support.

I´ve been using Let´s Encrypt certificate and everything was working really well. But suddenly, I don´t know what happened but I am getting the mentioned error every time I try to access the website with Chrome, I tried with Microsoft Edge and it is working fine. I´ve checked the ssl status with different ssl testing services and everything looks good. So at this moment I am lost. Can you please help me? Thanks a lot.

It appears you are using a certificate from StartCom (also known as StartSSL) on this website, not a certificate from Let’s Encrypt. Certificates from StartCom have been distrusted by Firefox and Chrome and this would result in the error your seeing.

So you can fix your problem by switching to Let’s Encrypt (or any other trusted certificate authority).

It’s possible you’ve just gotten these two organizations confused, as both provide free SSL certificates. If that’s the case, see here to learn how to get started with Let’s Encrypt and get a free certificate that will be trusted by browsers.

If you’re sure you tried to install a certificate from Let’s Encrypt and not from StartCom, you’ll need to share with us exactly what you did so we can figure out what went wrong. In that case, please share the commands you executed to generate your Let’s Encrypt certificate and any changes you made to your Apache configuration afterward.

1 Like

There doesn't seem to be any LE certs for that domain.

There was once one:

https://crt.sh/?id=30800956

It expired back in December.

However, it’s still important to distinguish clearly between the LE certificate and the StartCom certificates.

Oh! I was convinced I have been using Let’s Encrypt, sorry about that, then today I will install LE certificates. Thank you all!

Edit: done, thanks again! Have a lovely weekend!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.