Need CRT KEY CABUNDLE code for Manual Renewal on Godaddy

Please fill out the fields below so we can help you better. Note: you must provide your domain name to get help. Domain names for issued certificates are all made public in Certificate Transparency logs (e.g. crt.sh | example.com), so withholding your domain name here does not increase secrecy, but only makes it harder for us to provide help.

My domain is: chsnaa.org

I ran this command: I do not have access to the server

It produced this output: see above

My web server is (include version): I do not know where to find this

The operating system my web server runs on is (include version):

My hosting provider, if applicable, is: GoDaddy

I can login to a root shell on my machine (yes or no, or I don't know): don't know

I'm using a control panel to manage my site (no, or provide the name and version of the control panel): cpanel

The version of my client is (e.g. output of certbot --version or certbot-auto --version if you're using Certbot): do not know

If you're using GoDaddy shared hosting, you probably want to use CertSage

It's not automated, so you need to request the certificate manually every couple months, but it may be the best you can do with what you're got.

5 Likes

Thank you, Peter. One (hopefully last) question:

What exactly does this instruction mean?

Password
Contents of ../CertSage/password.txt

So sorry to be so ignorant - I am taking notes so I won't have to bother you again. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So the way I think it works is that it creates a password.txt file, so you need to download that file through your control panel and open it to find out the password to use. That way it can only be used by people who have the control panel access.

But I haven't actually used CertSage myself, so if you need more help than that than we might need to ask @griffin (the developer and another regular on this forum).

5 Likes

I feel so bad about this, but I don't know how to go about downloading the file through the control panel...I've downloaded the file from File Manager but all I see is code written to generate it. @griffin

1 Like

Welcome to the Let's Encrypt Community, Kim! :slightly_smiling_face:

Firstly, a shout out to @petercooperjr for recommending CertSage here!

Looks like you've put a copy of certsage.php into your public_html directory in your cPanel hosting, which is good. If you look in the parent directory of public_html, which should be the root directory of your cPanel hosting, you should see a CertSage directory containing a password.txt file. That's the password you need to use CertSage. If you want a friendlier password, feel free to replace that password with whatever string of characters that you wish. Just make sure the contents of password.txt stays one line and doesn't become multiple lines.

4 Likes

Thank you so much! I have successfully renewed my certificate for my site. I have also saved all this info, so hopefully smooth sailing from here on out. Thank you again!

3 Likes