Multi domain (SAN) certificate and webroot auth

using letsencrypt console tool I want to request (SAN) certificate for 2 domains

domain1.com /home/user/domain1
domain2.com /home/user/domain2

for authentication I am using webroot plugin

./bin/letsencrypt auth -v --text -d domain1.com -d domain2.com \
--authenticator webroot \
--webroot-path /home/user/domain1 \
--webroot-path /home/user/domain2

the problem as I understand that I can only pass one --webroot-path for only 1 domain

is it possible to specify multiple webroot paths for (SAN) certificates ?

1 Like
1 Like

multi domain support in webroot authentication plugin is not yet officially available - you can follow the pull request at SimpleFS plugin (fixes #742) by kuba · Pull Request #757 · certbot/certbot · GitHub for background

webroot issue label Issues · certbot/certbot · GitHub

and specific issue at Webroot plugin should support SANs (multiple public_html paths) · Issue #1016 · certbot/certbot · GitHub

1 Like

actually if your web server is setup for it, you can use multi domain SSL with webroot authentication - just did it at Letsencrypt Webroot Authentication Tested on Beta invited/whitelisted domain

I’m using godaddy to host my domain and wanted to just upload the certificate in there.
How do i generate the certificate on my laptop to upload to the CPanel SSL/TLS upload tool>
New to this,

Thanks
Charles

SAN certs have been supported by webroot since 0.1.0. On the command line, you can follow these instructions:

https://letsencrypt.readthedocs.org/en/latest/using.html#webroot

If you want to do this from a config file, see this bug (which is scheduled to be fixed in 0.3.0) and available workarounds in the meantime:

1 Like