I’ve looking to move a website using SSL to a new verser, and I’m end doing this:
- Move old website files to new server.
- Delete the letsencrypt folder from new server.
- Copy the entire letsencrypt folder from old to the new server /etc location.
- Deleted the apache2 folder from new server.
- Copy the entire apache2 folder to the new server /etc location.
- Restarted apache.
- Change the DNS settings to point to the new server.
- Immediately after changing the settings I run the
sudo letsencrypt renew --dry-run
- Turn off the older server, new server is running with ssl.
Didn’t need to create symlinks for the letsencrypt or apache 2 files.
Is there anything else I need to check or do?
Is this a valid process to move websites to new server?